I’m going to be outlining my top 5 places that I’ve been using to add staples to my business casual wardrobe. I would describe my work style as minimalistic, I feel more confident when I’m wearing pieces that don’t require high maintenance and I find the sites below have great options for that! My approach is to find key basics that I can mix and match and create a wide variety of outfits with.
- Uniqlo ($$) I’ve gotten 80% of my basic work pieces from here. They have a very affordable price point and the pieces are great quality that can be interchanged with multiple outfits. My favorites are their work pant, their skirt and this blouse.
- Zara ($$$) Zara is great for if you want to buy trendy work pieces for a reasonable price. They’ve been coming out with more and more sales each year, where you snag great work pants, blazers and button downs with personality. Zara has great options for you if you’re someone who wants to dress business casual but still add some quirkiness to your outfit. Also, kind of random but they have a very underrated jewelry and perfume selection for a great price!
- Everlane ($$$$) Everlane makes great high quality basics but they are investments. This is not the site to go to if you’re an impulse buyer. Personally, I save up for these pieces and wait a good amount of time to see whether I still really want the item before purchasing. My first and only piece from them is the day heel in black suede. I really wanted a heel that could basically go with everything in my wardrobe and was comfortable enough to wear all day long. Having that extra height really gives me confidence so I felt this was an investment I wanted to make. I’ve worn them already because I have to wear everything I own right away and so far so good!! Really eyeing their modern loafer and their everyday tote for fall!!
- Target ($$) You can always find some great deals in their women’s section but my favorite brand that they sell is Universal Thread(which I believe is a dupe for Madewell). The pieces from this brand lean more on the casual side, but you can definitely find ways to dress them up with a great blazer or work pant. This top is a great example of this. If you’re someone who wants to be able to incorporate your work pieces into your everyday casual outfits, this is a great place to shop!
- H&M ($$) I’ve heard so many great things about their slacks!! This is the place to go if you get bored with your clothes easily and like to change it up, since their pieces aren’t the best quality but are definitely on the less pricey side.
Honorable Mention: Aritzia ($$$$) Every single time I see their pieces I’m amazed at how work friendly they are because this is not the kind of store known for their work wear. I would call Aritizia a pricier, less eccentric version of Zara. The reason for the honorable mention instead of on my list is that first, I don’t actually own any clothing from them so I can’t speak on quality and second I can’t justify that price for myself because I’ve either found cheaper options or they’re pieces are more on the fleeting trend side. If this store is within your budget, I would say it’s a great option!
Please share if there are any other websites/ stores that you are your go to’s!