I’ve always been good at budgeting my money and saving since I was a kid. But I think now that I’m “adulting”, finance has taken on a whole new other meaning. Below are some of my favorite sites to use to educate myself. I know some financial terms can sound daunting, but I think the resources below offer a great way to give you insight without overwhelming you.
- Refinery 29
- Priya Malini offers great advice to millennials on financial planning in simple terms so you don’t feel like you’re learning a whole new language.
- I am addicted to money diaries!! Basically women can anonymously post how they spend their money in a week. It’s a great resource because you can find other women in similar situations as you (maybe they have the same job, live in the same city or make the same salary as?). I’ve definitely learnt a thing or two from them like ClassPass and MealPal. They also have a great book coming out which I already pre-ordered.
- The Luxe Strategist I really enjoy reading her posts because she doesn’t just give out general advice but gives specifics. I love how she uses herself as an example from what she’s learnt through experience. Her posts don’t put you to sleep and we also share a similar love for fashion!
- Aja Dang Aja is chronicling her financial journey of paying off her student debt. She’s really an inspiration to watch and has budget sheets showing how she manages her money monthly. She definitely understands the definition of side hustles as she does numerous jobs to add to her income.
- I’ve heard great things about this book, You Are A Badass at Making Money which I’m definitely going to be checking out soon. I also hear it’s supposed to be funny, which I find to be a refreshing take on a topic that can potentially be intimidating and dry!
Let me know if there are any other helpful sites you guys use!