So I’ve been at my new job for a few days and here are my thoughts…
- It’s hard to make time for yourself on weekdays…initially. After my first week of work I’ve learnt that I’ve got to manage my time more wisely after work if I’m going to have ME time. With working out, meal prepping, getting ready for bed/the next day and dinner I don’t really get time read a book, watch youtube or catch up with the news. I need to really manage my time/ multi-task more wisely by starting to listento podcasts to stay up to date with the news. I’ve been really into listening music during my morning commute, since sometimes I think of podcasts/audio books as more of a drag. I really need to change my mind set on this and start using my commute time as a way to educate myself. Also, meal prepping on the weekend is probably a good idea, but I’m worried that I’ll get bored of whatever I meal prep by the end of the week.
- Weekends are sacred! It’s so great to be out of school and not have to do homework on the weekends. I love that weekends are ME time and I can do what ever I want from catching up to watching movies!
- Need to work on my meal prep game! I’m a total foodie but I don’t really want to waste my money on buying lunch everyday. Since most of my coworkers bring their own lunch, it’s really motivating me to bring mine as well. The thing is though, that I really look forward to food so if my lunch isn’t tasty it kind of feels like a let down. I really need to find meals that will taste good from morning to lunch time. A lot of the time, my meals tend to either become dry, soggy or just don’t taste good after a couple of hours.
- Commuting takes a lot of patience and gas! So my commute to and from work takes quite a long time. I’ve had to learn to become patient with traffic and come to terms with the fact that there’s nothing I can do about the delays/ traffic jams. Gas is also super expensive so I’m really looking into carpooling options! I hear the app called Scoop is a great option.
- I’ve got a lot of learning to do! I’m really enjoying my job so far but I’ve found that I’ve got a lot of on the job learning to do. My mentor once gave me really good advice, she said that employers don’t expect you to know everything but they do expect you to be able to say you are willing to learn and make an effort!
Hope this helps anyone starting a new job!