Pre-Covid, I frequented Trader Joe’s basically every week, it was my go-to happy place for groceries!! Their employees were always so friendly, they always had amazing new products, the packaging design is so unique (although they could use a little less plastic on their product) and the store just had an overall cheerful atmosphere. If you asked any of my coworkers, they would say I’m a Trader Joe’s aficionado because every Monday I would come stocked up with their latest snacks . My personal favorites from Trader Joe’s are their snacks and frozen food and I find the prices relatively affordable. I think they’re only based in America, so sorry for if you’re based out of the country (hopefully they’ll broaden their locations)!! I haven’t been to a Trader Joe’s since February (as I’ve been ordering groceries mostly online and limiting my in store runs) and am in need of groceries so I thought a quick trip was long overdue (of course with my mask on)! I thought it’d be fun to share new product discoveries I found while doing research online and what’s on my grocery list. Three warnings though. First, I haven’t bought these products yet and most are new products for me as I wanted to try some new things out since I haven’t been to a TJs in a long time. But I have high hopes! Second, I typically go to Trader Joe’s for snacks and frozen items, so please don’t judge for the lack of fruits and veggies because I usually get my fresh produce else where. Third, I’m not planning on buying all these product, just one from each category but I have options listed out in case I can’t find the particular product (hey, I want to be prepared). That being said, here’s the list:
The ones with * are my top choice in the category if there are multiple options
- Cauliflower Tot Casserole* -> Always a fan of cheese and Bechamel Sauce!
- Steamed Pork and Ginger Soup Dumplings – Big fan of soup dumplings!!
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoned Nut Duo* -> I feel ashamed to say I have not yet tried the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning but I hope to change that out by trying out this product!
- Olive and Herb Mixed Nuts -> This caught my eye because this was the first time I saw olives integrated in a nut mixture.
- Banana Nuts Trek Mix -> Sweet and savory option!
- Brie bites* -> These I have tried before and am a huge fan of!! They are mini sized brie cheese and personally, I love eating them for a light breakfast or as a quick snack!
- Mexican Blend Cheese – > Tried and true favorite shredded cheese!
- Salad + Veggie Burgers (Salads alone don’t fill me up so I need to add something a little extra and that’s typically a veggie burger)
- Udon Noodle Salad -Perfect quick lunch option!
- Peanut Crispy Noodle Salad Kit* -> The salad dressing on this one is delicious and the crunch from the noodles tops it off!
- Dr. Praeger’s Classic Veggie Burgers -> My favorite veggie burgers I’ve ever tried!
- Tortilla Chips + Dip OR Pita + Hummus
- Queso Fondido Cheese* -> New discovery! I’m excited to try this cause its spicy, has soy chorizo and poblano peppers!
- Organic Buffalo Style Hummus -> I feel like I’ve heard so many good things about this hummus!
- Dark Chocolate
- Not sure whether to go for one of their dark chocolate bars or their dark chocolate peanut butter cups (decisions, decisions)!!
- Lemon Chess Pie -> Lemon custard and shortbread, such a fun summer dessert!
- These Sprinkles Walk into a Sandwich Cookie* -> Their butter cookies with a buttercream filling and the sprinkles are plant based. Probably the number one new thing I’m excited to try! It’s basically b-day cake in cookie form!
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Bundt Cake – One of my favorite dessert flavor combos!
- Cheddar Garlic Focaccia Bread – I’m tired of the same old bread and thought this was a fun option to try out!
- Savory Snack
- Synergistically Flavored Popcorn – This is basically a party of flavors! It contains salty, smoky, tangy and spicy seasoned popcorn.
- Scalloped Potato Chips* – I’m a huge fan of cheese so of course I have to try these! These chips contain parmesan, cheddar, asiago, romano, and provolone cheese.
- Ketchup with Truffle -> I’ve tried this at restaurants so I’m interested to see how the TJ’s version compares.
- Rice Mix
- Chickpea and Red Lentil Rosoni – Since I eat rice alot, I thought this would be a healthy alternative to try out!
- Corn Poblano Chowder – One of my favorites soups, interested to see how the Tj’s version compares.
- Pasta Sauce
- Limone Alfredo Sauce -> Always a fan of things lemon and love alfredo sauce so excited to try this out!
- Ginger shot -> We could all use a boost for our immune system!
- Sparkling Green Tea* -> Sounds so good for a hot day and a fun alternative to my go-to sparkling waters!
- Pancake Bread -> I’ve tried this before and it’s like a pancake in cake form, sooo yummy to slice up for breakfast if you have a sweet tooth in the morning!
- Frozen Acai Bowl* – Includes berries, granola and coconut chips, the perfect breakfast option for the summer!
Honorary item, Springle Jangle – essentially the spring/summer version of TJ’s famous holiday Jingle Jangle. It’s a mix of various TJ’s famous chocolate treats. Definitely not buying this, as I don’t need more sweets but if you’re on the hunt this is a good recommendation! Also planning on getting some fresh flowers as they have relatively affordable options!
I hope you found some items that you’re excited to try!
P.S. If you’re a fan of TJ’s you should definitely follow Traderjoeslist on Instagram to keep up with their latest releases!