In this day an age social media has really come to be associated with negativity but it can also serve as inspiration if used in the right way. This is going to be a three part series. In this post, I’m going to be covering YouTubers, then bloggers and lastly Instagrammers that have really inspired me to be the best version of myself or have just inspired me through their taste/fashion sense. I’ve found that some of my favorites document when they’re having a hard day, which in my opinion takes a lot of guts to do. This truly makes them feel more relatable to me because I find that a lot of the negativity surrounding social media is due to people only documenting the happy times in their life, which I know I’m definitely guilty of!
- Danielle Carolan – You can’t help but feel more positive after watching one of Danielle’s videos! She’s a go getter and basically always has something to do to keep her busy. She always finds ways to make her day brighter, either by creating a cozy environment, making coffee or grabbing clothes that make her confident. She’s a college student with amazing vlogs, hauls and inspirational videos!
- Tar Mar – Love her style and the fact that she indulges in coffee! Tara is always honest and her personality really shows on camera. She’s an Irish girl living in NYC with her boyfriend and has some amazing vlogs that make you want to move to NYC and be her best friend.
- Michelle Reed – Definitely a hustler who gives you inspiration to work out, eat healthy and get things done. She has amazing style and great budgeting tips. She’s graduating a year early from school in NYC which is so amazing and quite a feat!
- Mademoiselle– Really great inspiration on building that minimalist wardrobe and very much appreciate that she tries most of the pieces she mentions on! Also, YouTubers sometimes mention things in their videos but forget to link it; Jamie always links everything that she mentions which I love!
- Sharewear – SF working girl in the tech scene who loves fashion and has an eclectic taste! She’s great to watch if you want to stay up to date on trendy styles and brands for the millennial.
Hope you have a lovely day and find some inspiration!
P.S. The countdown to my first official day of work has begun!
The title is a bit misleading because it’s currently summer where I live. But you get the point, fitness is something that takes time and needs to be followed routinely! My current routine is running 2 miles + 30 squats with weights + 50 sit-ups with weights from Monday- Thursday. Friday and Saturday are my days off and Sundays are usually Pilates routines which I switch up every so often. Personally, I love running because it’s a great way for me to pop on some music and clear my head. Also, compared to all the other exercises, running gives me the best feeling once I’m done and I feel like I’m getting a full body workout. I only run 4 days a week because I’ve found that my knees begin to hurt if I do more. To summarize what I look for in a daily exercise routine it would be to maximize a full body workout in a short period of time (for me anywhere between 30 -45 min).
Down below, I’m linking some of favorite YouTube videos to watch for my Sunday routines. My favorites are either watching a 30 minute video that gives me a full body workout or combing three 10 minute videos to come with combinations that works out individual parts (arms, abs, legs) of my body that I feel need additional work. All you need for these videos are a mat and weights.
- Full body workout
- FitnessBlender – They have really great full body workouts plus videos to target individual parts of your body. The routines are very doable and the videos are taught by a husband wife team.
- Caroline Jordan – Caroline incorporates barre into her workouts. She perfectly times the routines, where as soon as you start to feel little burnt out on one side of the body, she switches you over to concentrate on a different side.
- Amy Davis – Definitely the hardest 10 minute full body workout I’ve ever done! I still can’t get through this one without taking breaks! Amy’s posture throughout this video is immaculate and is definitely goals!
- Arms/ Abs
- Karen Lord – Who could believe you could work out your arms in just 7 minutes!??? But Karen definitely manages to show you how and each time I do this routine my arms are always burning!
- Popsugar Fitness – This is a really fun workout that’s a bit longer (about 20 minutes)! Anna, the instructor is super energetic and motivational. I also love how she has a person in the back to show you modifications for the routine.
- Legs/ Thighs
- XHit – Really fun workout that doesn’t feel like overkill. You definitely build up a sweat after finishing this one! I find it to be really effective because you can definitely feel the muscles you’re working out as you progress through the routines.
I’m hoping to be able to continue sticking to to this workout routine once I start working, but I’ll update the blog with my post- job workout routine if anything should change!